Last night I was so tired I slept 11.5 hours. That’s crazy. Moving on.
Today I did my first day at the DAM. Which is exciting. Except I’m leaving…but that’s ok. It was fun. I learned a new card game called “Sevens”. However, explaining it not in person will be difficult … but here it goes.
- Deal out all cards
- Person with 7 of hearts starts.
- Play proceeds in clockwise motion.
- Similar to Skip-Bo, cards must be played in order off of the seven of their suit. However, the card must first be played in hearts before any other suit. Ace can be high or low.
- If a player is unable to put down a card, they “ask for a card” and every other player gives them one card. You cannot give away your last card like this.
- Once someone runs out of cards, everyone else counts points. Face cards are 10, aces are 15, and number cards are 5.
- The person with the lowest score after someone goes over 500 points wins, unless someone hits 500 exactly, in which case they win.
Also today I packed for camp. I’m so excited to see what God has in store for me over the next 3 weeks. I don’t know what it will be, but I know it will be good. Also also, I traveled to camp today. Bittersweet in that I knew I was leaving some things behind, but happy because I know that the adventure ahead of me is going to be worth it all.